Our Case Studies
Our Case Studies » Living in the UK and working in Europe? Remortgaging doesn’t need to be complex

Living in the UK and working in Europe? Remortgaging doesn’t need to be complex


We have a plethora of clients who retain UK property as their main residence but work in Europe, earn in Euros and pay tax in both their home jurisdiction and the country they work in. On the face of it, it can get really confusing to know what to do about your mortgage. Borrow in sterling? Take out a mortgage in Euros? Getting caught up in currency can lead to numerous questions.

 In one of our recent cases, our client was looking to remortgage at just shy of £1m but wanted a fixed, five-year product to replace their interest only product. Having changed jobs since taking out their large mortgage, our client was now working in Spain, earning in Euros and paying tax on that income in Spain. However, their main residence remained in the UK, where they also paid tax.


Applying for a Euro mortgage would have been one option; however, this would have severely restricted our client’s choice of products. Therefore, our Associate Director Caroline Burke approached their existing lender with a proposition for a product transfer, which was quickly secured on highly competitive terms. A seemingly complex scenario was made straightforward with the knowledge and network of our specialist adviser team.

Return to Our Case Studies

Latest Articles/News

Case Studies

Securing lending against country estates and properties with large areas of…

Latest/Related News

One of the elements which sets us apart from other mortgage advisers is our…

Press Release

The team at largemortgageloans.com has collectively been nominated for thre…

Press Coverage

Buy-to-let ratings survey: Lenders of rank…

LML Brochure

Download our brochure to find out more about largemortgageloans.com and what we can offer

Click to Download

Sign Up

Subscribe now, to hear from us on the latest mortgage market news, products and services.

Client Testimonials


Live chat with
our team now