A business partner of mine lives and owns companies abroad, can he arrange a mortgage in the UK to purchase a property here?

Q: A Turkish business partner of mine wants to buy a house in the UK. Mr X, my business partner, has several companies in Turkey and elsewhere. Will he be able to get a mortgage in the UK? What proof of income etc will he need to give?”


To answer your question, it would be possible for your business partner to buy a rental property in the UK as an investment. There are a number of criteria that he would need to fulfil. These are as follows:- 1) Mr X would need to prove his income by providing his last 3 years accounts. His accountant would need to be a multi-national accountant. Ideally if he was using one of the big name accountancy firms such as PWC, Ernst & Young, KPMG or Deloitte this would strengthen his case. 2) Mr X’s businesses would need to be trading multi-nationally. Ideally if his businesses operated in the UK as well as Turkey again this would strengthen his application. 3) Mr X would need to put down a minimum of 30% deposit, and if he could put down more than this again it would reflect well upon his application. 4) We would need to know details of the expected rental income that the property would generate and this could impact upon the loan size he could borrow. Best advice is to meet/speak with one of our fully qualified professionals so we can make a firm recommendation on factual information. Call us now 020 7519 4900.

These questions are for information purposes only and do not contain all the details you need to choose a mortgage, ask one of our advisers for a personalised key facts illustration

Return to the Questions archive

Our insights

We are the UK’s leading specialist in delivering innovative and bespoke financing solutions to global clients.


Specialists in creating innovative and bespoke funding solutions.

Your home or property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or any other debt secured on it. Changes in the exchange rate may increase the sterling equivalent of your debt. You may have to pay an early repayment charge to your existing lender if you remortgage. Think carefully before securing any other debts against your home.  

largemortgageloans.com is a trading name of Largemortgageloans.com Ltd, Aegon House, Ground Floor Suite, 13 Lanark Square, London, E14 9QD authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our FCA registration number is 302228 and can be viewed by visiting the FCA website: www.fca.org.uk. The FCA does not regulate tax advice or some aspects of commercial, buy to let, overseas mortgages, bridging finance, finance and asset lending. Largemortgageloans.com Ltd is a licensed credit broker, and not a lender.

Largemortgageloans.com Ltd Registered in England and Wales No: 5070990 Registered Address: As above. The guidance and advice contained within the website are subject to the UK regulatory regime and is primarily targeted at UK customers. Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring.

Make An Enquiry

London Office (Main):


London Office (Main):


Largemortgageloans is a trading name of Largemortgageloans.com Ltd, Aegon House, Ground Floor Suite, 13 Lanark Square, London